Native Seed Swap
Washington County Extension Office, 2536 N McConnell Ave, Fayetteville, AR, 72704 Map
Public Welcome Family Friendly Free Event Seed/Plant Swap
Wild Ones Ozark Chapter will be holding our second annual Native Seed Swap on Saturday, October 28, 2023!
Share extra seeds with others to encourage gardening with native plants, and take some seeds to add new species to your garden.
Free and open to the public.
Wild Ones members can come 30 minutes early, at 9:30 am!
See what seeds are available and let us know what you're bringing here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KtklCrFsJvEwtsMByFKY2LA1XDVTJTjOZY3HQOj33tE/edit?usp=sharing
- You don’t need to bring seeds to participate.
- Bring only seeds from native plants (no nativars or cultivars - for example, plants sold with a catchy brand name after the name, such as Monarda ‘Fireball’).
- Seeds can be collected from your property or another private or public landscape (with permission!), or they can be purchased.
- Only bring seeds from species that you can positively identify.
- Never collect seeds from rare or protected species growing outside your own garden. Leave enough seed for wildlife.
- Clean seeds as best as you can and bring them in separate containers (paper bags or paper envelopes).
- Label each container with: genus and species, common name, where the seed was collected (or where purchased from), and date collected.